This week in sports… December 1 – December 8
- Volleyball sign-up sheets on athletics board now. Skills clinics starting December 7th. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Details below.
- Congratulations to all the basketball teams on a great season, and a big shout-out to the teams that made playoffs!
- Please return basketball jerseys to your coach asap if your season is done.
- Wishing our 6/7 girls blue team the best of luck as they head towards the city championship! Way to go Wildcats!
B-Ball Morning Practice: 6/7 girls blue 7:45 am – 8:45 am
B-Ball Afternoon Practice: 6/7 boys blue 3:15 – 5:00 CANCELLED!
B-Ball Game: 6/7 girls blue 3:45 at Arbutus. Dismiss 2:40 and arrange own rides.
B-Ball Game: 6/7 boys blue 5:15 versus St. Michael’s at Central Middle. Arrange own rides.
B-ball Game: 6/7 boys white at Spencer 3:45-5:15pm CANCELLED!
B-Ball Morning Practice: 6/7 girls blue 7:45 am – 8:45 am
B-Ball Game: 6/7 girl’s blue playoff game at St. Patrick’s at 5:15. Be there by 4:45pm. Arrange own ride.
Volleyball skills clinic 3:15-5:00. New and experienced players welcome – we’ll teach you how to play!
1 Friday: N/A
Check the athletics board DAILY for updates!
Spirit Wear order window is now closed as of Monday November 27th.
Wow! Only two weeks to go before the break! The fall has flown by.
The big ticket item this week is that report cards will be sent home (if all goes according to plan) this Thursday. We will have a short homeroom at the end of the day on Thursday to hand them out. Please look for it coming through the door unless you hear otherwise!
The focus will remain on the academic as we make our way through the week and into next.
The Youth in Action Club will be hosting our annual Winter Wonderland Market at the school on Tuesday and Wednesday December 19-20 at lunch. It is a great opportunity for students to purchase gifts for their families and friends; a selection of baked goods, handicrafts, art, toques, etc. will be sold and all proceeds will go towards Spencer’s Sensory garden, local poverty issues, and helping build water pumps in rural China. Parents – if you are an artist/crafter/business owner and wish to donate something for our market then please connect with Jen Nixon email@example.com this week. Thanks!
Dec 12 Staff Meeting
Dec 13 Annual Facilities Lunch, foods room, 12:15pm
Dec 14 Report Cards home
Dec 18 Popcorn sales at lunch by your friendly neighbourhood PAC!
Dec 19 Pancake breakfast $2.00
Dec 19-20 (lunch) Winter Wonderland Craft Charity Market
Dec 20 Celebration of Dance. Isabelle Reader Theatre, 7pm-7:30pm
Dec 21st Celebration of the Arts. 7pm in the gym
Dec 22 Last day of school before winter break. Assembly last period.
A friendly reminder that the PAC Co-Op Number is 47416.
Our PAC has recently developed their own webpage! Check it out at:
Principal, Spencer Middle School
- Poinsettia’s – Your orders will be ready for pick up on WEDNESDAY, DEC 6th from 3:30-6:30 in the Music Room.
- Purdy’s Chocolate Bars – Selling the $2 milk chocolate bars. Starting Thursday, Nov 30/17.
- Pancake Breakfast – Tues, Dec. 12 at 8am -8:30am. $2 for 2 pancakes. Group fundraiser.
- Celebration of the Arts (Bake Sale) – Thurs Dec 21/17 – Parents have volunteered to bake and items will be sold before and after the Concert. Group Fundraiser.
- Bottle Drive –Sat. Jan 13/18 at 8:30am-noon. Group Fundraiser.
- CELEBRATION OF THE ARTS- Thursday December 21/17 at 7Pm in the gym (Holiday Concert). All Music groups and grades (Concert Band, Beginning Band, Percussion Ens.6, Choir, Percussion 7 and Percussion 8. Students need to be here at 6 pm. In full uniform, everyone wears Black dress pants, black socks, and black dress shoes. Percussion needs a black t-shirt (No writing on front), Band groups needs to wear tank top/t-shirt and we supply the band top for the night. Concert is by donation.
- HOLIDAY ASSEMBLY – December 22/17 ( Last block) Performing groups TBA
- WE CAN BEAT IT #18 – Our annual Percussion Benefit Concert.” We Can Beat It”. Where all the monies raised benefit Children and families affected by Leukemia in our local area.
WE CAN BEAT IT #18
This showcase features ALL Percussion Ensembles grade 6, 7, 8 and Organized Khaos Percussion Ens. grade 7-12. We perform 2-4 day shows for the school on Wednesday /Thursday Feb 21/22, Evening/Matinee Concerts Friday/Saturday Feb 23/24/2018. Tickets go on sale in late January ($10). All Percussion Ensemble performers wear Black dress pants, Black shoes, Black socks then we order black “We Can Beat It” t-shirts and hats that student’s purchase for $10 each. In January 2018 we do extra Sunday rehearsals from 11-1pm (Jan 14, 21, 28. Feb 4, 11, 18.) There will be a MANITORY Tech/Dress rehearsal on TUESDAY FEB20/18 (4-7pm) more details to come…
MUSIC WEAR – It has been asked if we could do Spencer Music Wear. I have looked into it and we will have samples, sizes, cost etc for parents/students to try in mid –December.
Thank you Duey
We have started a new exciting project at Spencer and we are accepting donations to help bring this vision to a reality. Stay tuned for info….
Parents can now do school consents at the following link.
ONLINE CONSENT PORTAL – Phase 1 The parent page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
• When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
• Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the six activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
• This is meant to be a one-stop shop for parents to provide consent.
The URL for this page is https://consent.sd62.bc.ca Here are the consents that are available as this time to be collected online:
1. Freshgrade (online tool)
2. GAFE (Student Access to Google Apps for Education)
3. Media Release
4. KEV School Cash Online
5. Short (Walking) Field Trips
6. Internet Access – Available
When do the Consents expire?
• Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and FreshGrade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates
• Some consents last one school year
• The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts
Step 2 – Parents go to the link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 3 – Add your email address
Step 4 – Go to junk folder as the verification number may be sent to this folder. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 5 – Add the verification number
Step 6 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
If your child is currently attending one of our feeder schools ie: David Cameron, John Stubbs(FI), Lakewood, Millstream, Ruth King, Savory or Willway, you do NOT need to register for Gr 6 on-line. Your child will automatically be transferred to Spencer unless you let us and your current school know other wise.
To Register your child for Spencer Middle please go to: http://www.sd62.bc.ca/parents/registration/
Parents can request a school change on-line on this direct link: http://changereq.sd62.bc.ca
***School Supply Lists for 2016-2017 can be found at the top of this page under ‘Links’ then ‘Students.***
Notice for September 2017/18 SD#62 School Year Registration please see attached
School Fees are now available to pay online!
We have now loaded fees into our system and you are able to manage your students accounts from the convenience of your home.
Once you have done the student consent at https://consent.sd62.bc.ca and checked off the School Cash Online Consent you will be able to then set up your account.
Please allow 24 hours for the consent to be updated into our system before you proceed to setting up your account.
It is important to note that you do not have to pay your fees online, you can still pay by cash or cheque. Doing the consent will allow us to track your students account and we can still process cash/cheque payments to their account.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this new system. Please let us know if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Online Payments can be completed by going to https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/
At their April 25th meeting, the Board of Education confirmed the following:
· There will be no transportation fees charged for the 2017/18 school year
· The District will provide a total of 29 routes, which is up one from the 2016/17 school year
· The 29 routes will provide service to approximately 3,300 riders or roughly one third of our student population based on the 2016/17 service levels
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
The registration form will be on the District’s website under the [Transportation tab|http://www.sd62.bc.ca/about/transportation/]
HAROLD CULL | SECRETARY TREASURER
School District #62 (Sooke)
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all the details about the new changes as well as current bus routes and more on the District’s Transportation page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org