SPORTS: This week in sports… October 16 – 20
- Basketball players, team lists will be posted on the Athletics Board soon. Attend your designated practice please. Note that players may be moved to a different team at coach’s/athletic director’s discretion.
- Basketball players, please return permission forms to your coaches and pay $40 athletic fee prior to first game.
Soccer—7-8 boys game at Central Dismiss 2:45 and arrange own rides
Basketball—all girls practice 3:30 – 5:00
Soccer—6/7 girls game at Central at 4:20.
Basketball—all boys practice 3:30 – 5:00
Cross country race at JDF
Soccer—7/8 girls game at Gordon Head. Dismiss at 2:45 and arrange own rides
Basketball—all boys practice 3:30 – 5:00
Soccer—6/7 boys game at Glanford. Dismiss at 2:45 and arrange own rides
Basketball—all girls practice 3:30 – 5:00
Check the athletics board DAILY for updates!
As we head towards the end of the month and Halloween, we will be having a dance on the 31st, last period of the day. Students are allowed to wear costumes, but masks are not allowed. We encourage “less gore and more fun”. Please helps us out with this as children begin to select a costume.
Remembrance day is on the horizon. In the past we have been honoured to have Commander Solomon speak to the students his experiences and the experiences of his fellow Canadian Forces members. Commander Solomon has since retired. I prefer someone from our own community to speak at our most important assembly of the year. If you are a member of the armed forces and are willing to speak to the students on November 10th, please contact me at the school and we can discuss the opportunity.
Here are some dates to consider:
Oct 17/18 Grade 6 Immunizations
Oct 19 PAC meeting in the library, 6:30pm
Oct 20 Non-instructional Day
October 24 Pancake breakfast $2 for 2. Proceeds to the Band Program
October 27 Photo Retake day
Oct 31 Halloween Dance (more info to follow).
November 4 Bottle Drive – Proceeds to Band Program
Nov 7 Management Meeting 3:30 Library
Nov 10 Remembrance Day Assembly (more info to follow)
Nov 14 Staff Meeting
November 20 White Hatter
Nov 23 Early dismissal (12:10) Parent/teacher interviews
Nov 24 Non-Instructional Day
Dec 1 End of Term 1
Dec 5 Management Meeting 3:30 Library
Dec 12 Staff Meeting
Dec 14 Report Cards home
December 21 Celebration of the Arts.
Dec 22 Last day of school before winter break.
A friendly reminder that the PAC Co-Op Number is 47416.
Our PAC has recently developed their own webpage! Check it out at:
There is a Poinsettia fundraiser happening! 6.5inch poinsettias on sale starting today, October 13th for $14 each. Order forms are sent home and due back on Thursday, November 12th. You can order them in Red, White and Marble. Make cheques payable to SD62. All proceeds go to Spencer Middle School.
I hope everyone has a great week.
Principal, Spencer Middle School
- Poinsettia Fundraiser – 6.5″ Poinsettias for $14. Payable to SD62. Oct 12 – Nov 2. Red, White and Marble.
- Purdy’s Chocolate Bars – Week of Nov 14/17
- Flocking Flamingo – Week of Oct 12/17 – Individual Fundraiser
- Pancakes Breakfast – Tuesday, Oct 24/17 – 8am-8:30am $2 for pancakes & juice – Group Fundraiser
- Bottle Drive -Saturday, Nov 4/17 – 8:3am-Noon ….Group Fundraiser
- Celebration of the Arts (Bake Sale) – Thursday, Dec 21/17 – Group Fundraiser
We have started a new exciting project at Spencer and we are accepting donations to help bring this vision to a reality. Stay tuned for info….
Parents can now do school consents at the following link.
ONLINE CONSENT PORTAL – Phase 1 The parent page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
• When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
• Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the six activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
• This is meant to be a one-stop shop for parents to provide consent.
The URL for this page is https://consent.sd62.bc.ca Here are the consents that are available as this time to be collected online:
1. Freshgrade (online tool)
2. GAFE (Student Access to Google Apps for Education)
3. Media Release
4. KEV School Cash Online
5. Short (Walking) Field Trips
6. Internet Access – Available
When do the Consents expire?
• Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and FreshGrade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates
• Some consents last one school year
• The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts
Step 2 – Parents go to the link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 3 – Add your email address
Step 4 – Go to junk folder as the verification number may be sent to this folder. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 5 – Add the verification number
Step 6 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
If your child is currently attending one of our feeder schools ie: David Cameron, John Stubbs(FI), Lakewood, Millstream, Ruth King, Savory or Willway, you do NOT need to register for Gr 6 on-line. Your child will automatically be transferred to Spencer unless you let us and your current school know other wise.
To Register your child for Spencer Middle please go to: http://www.sd62.bc.ca/parents/registration/
Parents can request a school change on-line on this direct link: http://changereq.sd62.bc.ca
***School Supply Lists for 2016-2017 can be found at the top of this page under ‘Links’ then ‘Students.***
Notice for September 2017/18 SD#62 School Year Registration please see attached
School Fees are now available to pay online!
We have now loaded fees into our system and you are able to manage your students accounts from the convenience of your home.
Once you have done the student consent at https://consent.sd62.bc.ca and checked off the School Cash Online Consent you will be able to then set up your account.
Please allow 24 hours for the consent to be updated into our system before you proceed to setting up your account.
It is important to note that you do not have to pay your fees online, you can still pay by cash or cheque. Doing the consent will allow us to track your students account and we can still process cash/cheque payments to their account.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this new system. Please let us know if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Online Payments can be completed by going to https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/
We are pleased to announce that online bus registration for the 2017/18 school year will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 4, 2017 and will remain open until Friday, June 2, 2017. Similar to last year’s registration process, we will only be accepting online registrations through the School Cash Online account process – if you haven’t already done so, you will be required to set up an account in order to register for bussing services for the 2017/18 school year. Please use this link to access or set up a [School Cash Online account|https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/].
Bus registration will be open until June 2nd at which time routes will be established and communicated to registered riders. Riders registering after this date will be assigned routes only if space is available.
Students will not be provided bussing unless they have registered for this service.
At their April 25th meeting, the Board of Education confirmed the following:
· There will be no transportation fees charged for the 2017/18 school year
· The District will provide a total of 29 routes, which is up one from the 2016/17 school year
· The 29 routes will provide service to approximately 3,300 riders or roughly one third of our student population based on the 2016/17 service levels
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
The registration form will be on the District’s website under the [Transportation tab|http://www.sd62.bc.ca/about/transportation/] by Thursday morning, May 4.
HAROLD CULL | SECRETARY TREASURER
School District #62 (Sooke)
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all the details about the new changes as well as current bus routes and more on the District’s Transportation page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Langford by-law enforcement has asked us to remind parents picking up their children after school, to please park in designated spaces in front of the school, along Carlow or on other nearby side streets. Please also observe signage in our parking lot – the double lanes in our parking lot closest to the street are for very quick drop off/pick-ups and drive-throughs (one for each purpose). The lane closest to the school is for busses only.
ONLINE PAYMENT – STUDENT FEES
Have you completed the School Cash Consent form? The first step is to sign in and create an account. The second step is to complete the Consent form. See attached for instructions. If you have not completed the consent form, please go to this link: https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/
Starting September 2017 all school fees will be available to be paid online. Please see this instruction guide to set up your account and complete your consent form.